Ligon Industries, LLC along with its affiliates Ligon Capital, LLC and Ligon Holdings, LLC (“Ligon”) is a Birmingham, Alabama based privately owned manufacturing company formed in January 1999. Since its inception, Ligon has consistently grown by internal investments and acquisitions. Today Ligon is the largest independent manufacturer of hydraulic cylinders in North America, is a significant supplier of high definition aluminum castings, and is a major Southeastern manufacturer of aluminum products for the wastewater treatment and commercial construction industries. Its fourteen independent companies are committed to providing the highest quality product at the lowest cost to our diverse customer base.
Our guiding principles promote independent, customer driven profit centers, while ensuring strict compliance with the spirit and the letter of laws regulating environmental and employee health and safety issues. We are committed to being good citizens, business partners and employers.
Ligon’s financial strength, product and geographical diversity and commitment to quality provide the basis for a strong partnership between us, our employees, suppliers and customers.
We are deeply appreciative of all who have contributed to Ligon’s success and will continue to strive to be a world-class employer and supplier to our customers.
- Maintain a highly decentralized, autonomous operating environment, allowing independent companies to stay focused and flexible.
- Remain highly competitive through relentless focus on superior customer service, unsurpassed product quality, outstanding safety and environmental performance and high manufacturing efficiency.
- Achieve superior financial return with consistent, long-term operating profitability.
- Grow continuously via investment in existing businesses and acquisitions of manufacturing companies in excellent industries.
- Hold the highest ethical, moral and legal standards.
Leon A. Nolen, III
Ligon Industries, LLC was founded in 1999 by John J. McMahon, Jr. and Leon A. Nolen, III. Mr. Nolen was involved in direct equity investing since 1976. Prior to founding Ligon Industries, LLC, Mr. Nolen worked for McWane, Inc. for over 25 years. During his career with McWane, Inc., Mr. Nolen held numerous management positions including Executive Vice President of McWane, Inc. and President of Ransom Industries, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of McWane, Inc. His post acquisition improvements and synergies fueled the cash flow necessary to support Ligon and McWane, Inc.’s growth through acquisitions.